Fire Cases Update

Fire breaks out in 4th storey unit at Palm Gardens Condominium

Fire breaks out in 4th storey unit at Palm Gardens Condominium
View Full Size
A fire broke out at the Palm Gardens condominium at 2 Hong San Walk today (May 7) at around 1.30pm. The fire alarm had sounded and thick billows of smoke were emitted from a unit on the 4th floor. 

SCDF officers were seen using a water hose to cool down the burning unit from the ground level, while their colleagues entered the house to put out the fire. Approximately 20 people self-evacuated before the SCDF’s arrival. Fortunately, there were no reports of injuries.


Fire breaks out at Jurong Island Singapore Refining Company

Fire breaks out at Jurong Island Singapore Refining Company
View Full Size
A fire broke out at Jurong Island on Tuesday morning (13 Jun 2017). SCDF said the fire occurred within a crude distillation unit. As of 11.10am, the fire had been extinguished by SCDF and the in-house emergency team, using ground monitors and several handheld jets. 

An eyewitness said he saw "thick black smoke" from Jurong Port at about 9.50am, but did not see flames. "The smoke subsided after awhile. Minutes later, it started again," he said.


Fire breaks out at HDB flat in Woodlands

Fire breaks out at HDB flat in Woodlands
View Full Size
A fire broke out at a Housing Board flat in Woodlands on Thursday (May 11, 2017) night. The fire started on the fifth floor of Block 818, Woodlands Street 82, at about 8pm. The fire spread to the sixth floor and about 40 residents were evacuated. 

SCDF extinguished the fire using three water jets and there are no reported injuries.



54-year-old woman dies in building fire opposite IMM in Jurong

54-year-old woman dies in building fire opposite IMM in Jurong
View Full Size
A 54-year-old woman has died after a fire broke out at a warehouse cum office complex at 30 Toh Guan Road opposite IMM at around 7.40am on 4 May 2017.

Fifty people were evacuated from the building, and firefighters took 40 minutes and used three water jets to put out the fire, which involved the contents of a warehouse. 




Fire involving laptop charger breaks out in Tampines flat 3 May 2017

Fire involving laptop charger breaks out in Tampines flat 3 May 2017
View Full Size
A fire broke out in a third-storey flat at Block 846, Tampines Street 82 on Wednesday (May 3) evening.

The fire, which broke out at around 8.15pm, involved a laptop charger, said the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF).

SCDF dispatched three fire engines, two fire bikes and a support vehicle to the scene. It was put out using a single compressed air foam backpack.

Block 157, Serangoon North Avenue 1 fire left young couple with almost nothing

Block 157, Serangoon North Avenue 1 fire left young couple with almost nothing
View Full Size
The couple were away working and only found out about the fire when the authorities called them.

Their one-room flat at Serangoon North was blackened and all the furniture was in disarray.

They suspect that the fridge, which they bought brand-new last March, was where the fire started as only an empty shell of the appliance was left after the fire.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was alerted to the fire at 6.50pm on April 11. It was put out by SCDF using one water jet.

Fire breaks out at Samsung Store at Ang Mo Kio Hub on 28 March

Fire breaks out at Samsung Store at Ang Mo Kio Hub on 28 March
View Full Size
A fire broke out at the Samsung Experience Store in the basement of AMK Hub early on Tuesday (March 28) before opening hours.

The fire started at 1.25am on Tuesday in the storeroom of the Samsung outlet located at basement level one. No one was hurt.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force said that the fire, which affected an area measuring 1m by 2m, was put out by the building’s sprinkler system and firefighters using a water jet.

Block 248 Compassvale Road caught fire on 14 Feb, 2 taken to hospital for smoke inhalation

Block 248 Compassvale Road caught fire on 14 Feb, 2 taken to hospital for smoke inhalation
View Full Size
A fire broke out in a bedroom of a HDB flat in Sengkang on Tuesday (Feb 14) afternoon, causing thick black smoke to billow out from the 13th floor unit.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said in a Facebook post that it was alerted to the blaze at Block 248 Compassvale Road at around 4.10pm.

SCDF firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus extinguished the fire with a single water jet.


Switch to Mobile Version