Latest News

Fire breaks out at Blk 424 Tampines St 41

Fire breaks out at Blk 424 Tampines St 41
View Full Size
A fire broke out at Block 424 Tampines Street 41 (10 Nov 2017) at around 3.55pm. Black smoke was seen emitting from an unoccupied fourth-floor unit. Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said that they were alerted to the fire at 3.55pm. The fire was extinguished using one water jet.

Fires caused by charging of E-scooter

Fires caused by charging of E-scooter
View Full Size
The incident happened on Wednesday (8 Nov 2017) morning at about 6.30am at Block 548, Pasir Ris Street 51, where items on the flat's balcony were destroyed. No injuries were reported.

Fire caused by charging of E-scooter

Fire caused by charging of E-scooter
View Full Size
The incident happened at about 10.40am on Tuesday (7 Nov 2017) at Block 260, Yishun Street 22. Items in the bedroom were destroyed and four residents were taken to hospitals.  The incident was caused by charging of electric scooters.


Infant, 3 others injured in Bukit Batok fire

Infant, 3 others injured in Bukit Batok fire
View Full Size
Four people, including an infant, were injured after a fire broke out in their Bukit Batok flat early on Thursday (12 Oct 2017) at about 3.50am. The blaze was caused by the overnight charging of an electric bicycle. Four people, including a 5 days old infant, were injured.

Bedroom of Tiong Bahru flat catches fire

Bedroom of Tiong Bahru flat catches fire
View Full Size
The bedroom of a flat in Tiong Bahru caught fire on Tuesday (22 Aug 2017), no one was hurt.  The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was alerted to the fire at Block 126A, Kim Tian Road at about 2.20pm. 

Fire at Jurong East flat sends 7 to hospital

Fire at Jurong East flat sends 7 to hospital
View Full Size
Seven residents had to be hospitalised for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at a unit at Blk 372 Jurong East St 32 on Friday (4 Aug 2017). The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they were alerted to the incident at 10.18am. Four ambulances, two fire bikes, two red rhinos, one fire engine and one support vehicle were dispatched to the scene.

Fire Breaks Out at Tiong Poh Road Residential Unit

Fire Breaks Out at Tiong Poh Road Residential Unit
View Full Size
A fire broke out at around 1.05pm at a residential building unit at Block 82, Tiong Poh road in Tiong Bahru estate on Sunday (30 Jul 2017).  Two occupants of the unit were taken to Singapore General Hospital (SGH) after one, in his fifties suffered burn injuries, while another in his thirties suffered from smoke inhalation.

Mother and 2 kids injured in Haig Road fire

Mother and 2 kids injured in Haig Road fire
View Full Size
Fifty residents were evacuated from a Housing Development Board (HDB) block after a fire broke out at a unit in Block 4, Haig Road last Saturday (29 July 2017) after 7pm. Five residents worked together to break down the metal gates of the affected 11th-floor unit. Mother dashed in to save the trapped daughter. 

Electric Scooter bursts into flames after being left to charge overnight

Electric Scooter bursts into flames after being left to charge overnight
View Full Size
Three people fled their apartment after an electric scooter caught fire after allegedly being left to charge overnight. The incident occurred yesterday at 3.50am at a 10th-floor apartment in Block 230, Choa Chu Kang Central 1.

Car crashes along Airport Boulevard

Car crashes along Airport Boulevard
View Full Size
silver Honda caught fire after crashing into a road divider along Airport Boulevard today (24 July 2017) at around 5.05pm. Five people with minor injuries were conveyed to Changi General Hospital, said the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF).

Car catches fire on CTE

Car catches fire on CTE
View Full Size
A car which caught fire near Braddell Flyover on Monday evening (24 Jul 2017) was "completely burnt" in the incident.  SCDF said it was informed of the incident, which took place on the Central Expressway (CTE) towards Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE), at about 6.20pm. It sent a fire engine, a Red Rhino and two fire bikes. 

Fire breaks out at Kovan

Fire breaks out at Kovan
View Full Size
A fire broke out at a development in Charlton Lane on Monday (Jul 24), and the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said there were no injuries reported. 

It was alerted to the incident at 12.50pm and two fire engines, two fire bikes, a Red Rhino and a support vehicle was sent to 33C Charlton Lane.

Blk 704 West Coast Road caught fire

Blk 704 West Coast Road caught fire
View Full Size
A fire broke out on Friday (30 June 2017) night at Block 704, West Coast Road. Around 60 people were evacuated by officers from the SCDF and the Singapore Police Force as a precautionary measure. Huge flames can be seen burning out of the window of a 10th-floor corner unit of the HDB block.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) was alerted at around 10.05pm to the blaze and dispatched one fire engine, two red rhinos, two fire bikes, one ambulance, and two support vehicles to the scene.

2 Workers Suffer Burns in Tuas Factory Fire

2 Workers Suffer Burns in Tuas Factory Fire
View Full Size
Two people were injured in a fire which broke out at a factory in Tuas on Saturday afternoon (24 Jun 2107). The fire started at around 4pm and workers were reportedly evacuated. Eight water jets, one unmanned firefighting machine and one aerial firefighting platform were deployed to the scene.

The fire at 28 Tuas Avenue 10 was extinguished at about 5.30pm, and two workers from the warehouse were taken to Singapore General Hospital for burn injuries. One of the injured workers succumbed to his injuries later in the hospital.

Fire breaks out at Tuas waste management plant

Fire breaks out at Tuas waste management plant
View Full Size
fire at a waste management plant at Tuas on 7 June 2017.  At 6.55pm thick smoke emerging from the upper levels of the Greenway Environmental building at 6 Tuas South Street 8 as firefighters worked to put out the blaze. Two Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) officers have been sent to a hospital after fighting the fire. 

At 8.50pm, SCDF said the fire was extinguished with the aid of two unmanned firefighting machines. The blaze involved general waste in an area about the size of a basketball court.

Fire at Changi T2 leaves thousands stranded

Fire at Changi T2 leaves thousands stranded
View Full Size
A  fire which broke out in a room holding air-conditioning equipment led to an unprecedented evacuation at Changi Airport Terminal 2 (T2) on Tuesday (16 May 2017), with thousands of passengers stranded affecting about 40 flights from at least 13 airlines were affected.

The fire, which the SCDF described as “small”, was put out in about an hour by firefighters. However, the terminal remained closed, partly due to the lingering smoke from the fire. Bus services to the airport were also affected.


According to Changi Airport officials, the fire alarm was activated at about 5.40pm due to "smoke coming through the air vents".  

Fire broke out at the construction site of Global Indian International School

Fire broke out at the construction site of Global Indian International School
View Full Size
Two workers were rescued from a gondola that stopped when a fire broke out at the construction site of an international school in Punggol on Tuesday afternoon (16 May 2017). 

SCDF rescuers rappelled down to the two stranded workers on the gondola and helped bring them to safety. Both workers were taken to Changi General Hospital for smoke inhalation.

Washing Machine Catches Fire

Washing Machine Catches Fire
View Full Size
A 7-year-old washing machine caught fire at about 9.40am (11 May 2017) at Block 455 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4.  According to the homeowner, James,  his mother was watching television in the living room when she noticed thick smoke coming from the balcony where the washing machine was placed. 

After that, a power trip followed. She woke James up, who went to investigate the source of the smoke, discovering that their washing machine had caught fire, with smoke being emitted. 

He quickly ran to the bathroom and grabbed a pail of water, dousing the machine in water. 

Fire breaks out on 24th floor of Shenton House

Fire breaks out on 24th floor of Shenton House
View Full Size
A fire broke out at Shenton House on Tuesday (9 May 2017) morning - the second one to occur in the building in less than three months. A cigarette was believed to have been thrown into the waste disposal area on the 24th floor. 

On Feb 24, a fire involving the contents in a unit on the 15th floor broke out, with about 150 people evacuated from the building. Two people were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Fire breaks out on 7th storey of Ubi Ave Blk 338

Fire breaks out on 7th storey of Ubi Ave Blk 338
View Full Size
The fire broke out on the 7th storey of Ubi Avenue 1 Block 338 today (8 May 2017) at around 11am. The fire, which involved the contents of a bedroom, was extinguished by firefighters using one water jet. 

Three occupants self-evacuated prior to SCDF arrival. About 15 other residents were evacuated by SCDF and the Singapore Police Force. One woman in her 70’s was conveyed to Singapore General Hospital for smoke inhalation.

Switch to Mobile Version